Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Getting settled

Thought I would share the truck packing and mess of boxes in the house when we unloaded the u-haul on October 28. Clif and my Dad did the packing of the 16' truck. As you can see, it was FULL!


Here are the piles of boxes in kitchen and living room!!
Another view of living room and the second bedroom. There is a bed under the pile.
A couple more views of the bedroom.

We had our first snow, November 5. It didn't stay very long. There are mountains behind the clouds in the distance. This is our front yard. We have a very long driveway.


Saturday night, Clif and I went to a contra dance. He had to pull me on the floor. I was good just watching everyone. Just not my kind of dance I guess. There were lots of  little kids who had no idea what they were suppose to do. We were there for 3 hours! There was a group of teens that gave a demonstration of swing dance and Lindy Hop. They were fun to watch. My shoulder and ankles were sore on Sunday. Too much dancing I guess.  Clif was enjoying himself too much! He even danced with a lady when I was done dancing.

Sunday I had an open house with 7 other vendors. I sold a few things and a couple more signed up to be at my Freezer meal workshop on November 30. I had fun talking with all the other vendors and customers that have never heard of Tastefully Simple. I am the only consultant in the Flathead County.
The nearest consultant is at least an hour away. I'm loving that!! I have 7 events this month..so far!

This is my normal routine when I get up in the morning. Sweats, slippers, fleece jacket, hot chocolate and standing in front of the wood stove to get warm. Clif likes to heat mostly with wood.
Like the RED shag carpet??? We'll be getting rid of that!!!


Yesterday, Clif and I went to an auction. It started at 2:30. They had alot of stuff. I spotted a table and chairs that would be perfect for us. It has 6 chairs and a leaf for when we get company. Clif asked me how high of price we should go on it. I had no idea. We left the auction for awhile since it was going to be awhile before they got to it. We went to find out how much it would be worth. We found one similar to it on Amazon for $474, we got it for $75!! I was SO excited!!!  The auctioneer started the bidding at $200, then went to $100, no one was bidding on it. He went to $75, then Clif finally put his ticket up to bid. I was getting nervous since he wasn't bidding. We didn't get home until 8pm. Here it is. The lamp and chandelier were not included with the table, which is a good thing.

No comments: